Our client, one of the largest multinational companies in the world is currently looking for a lead Senior Legal Counsel for their Budapest offices. The Senior Legal Counsel will manage and oversee a variety of matters with a focus on labor and employment law issues as well as transactional work. The attorney will provide legal support and counsel for the corporation, its clients in their Shared Service Centers and its affiliates in CEE for projects and operations as needed throughout the world.
Main responsibilities include:
- Represent the corporation and its affiliates in dealings, including negotiations with third parties such as governments, competitors, partners, suppliers, and equipment manufacturers.
- Provide counsel to maintain compliance with laws, regulations, and internal policies and to anticipate and mitigate legal risks and exposures.
- Draft and negotiate agreements supporting a wide range of transactions and operations in their industry (e.g., acquisition, joint venture, operating, and divestiture agreements) and goods and services contracts (such as EPC, drilling, catalysts and chemicals and various equipment and materials purchase contracts).
- Provide counsel on labor and employment law matters for the corporation and its affiliates.
- Advise clients on a complete range of employment law matters, including grievance handling and defense of unfair labor practice charges and equal treatment.
- Investigate charges of discriminations filed with the EEOC, prepare position statements, and advise clients in conducting employment-related investigations
- Advise on compliance matters, regulations, and Company policy, anticipate and guard against legal risks and exposures to the Company
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of materials in various settings, such as training sessions for clients on contracting, compliance, and other legal issues
- Coordinate with and oversee outside counsels
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Law degree with Hungarian bar qualifications
- Fluent English language skills (another language considered a plus)
- Experience in handling legal issues in transactions and commercial negotiations
- Strong research, drafting, negotiation, interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience gained at a top tier law firm or a multinational corporation
- Reputation for high ethical standard and integrity
- Experience with drafting and negotiating complex agreements
- Experience with legal compliance issues (e.g., antitrust, and anti-corruption) is an advantage
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed in support of client transactions
- Ability to work effectively with a highly diverse, global law department
- Leadership skills with a can-do and positive attitude
This is an excellent in-house opportunity for a Senior Legal Counsel who is eager to join a well-known, highly regarded multinational company and lead a growing team in Budapest.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please don’t hesitate to send your CV and contact Jasmin at; email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.