An established international energy company, with a growing presence across Europe, is currently seeking a Legal Counsel with a focus on handling legal matters associated with their LNG trading operations.
The company’s main activities are with natural gas and power and is a key player in providing competitive supply structures to its affiliates, optimizing power generation assets, managing LNG portfolios, and engaging in international trading activities.
Based in Switzerland, the organization is looking for a Legal Counsel to join their dynamic legal team, reporting to the General Counsel. This role presents a unique opportunity for a skilled legal professional to contribute to the success of a dynamic and ambitious company.
- Support General Counsel and lead advisory support to the LNG desk, focusing on trade documentation and negotiation involving LNG MSPAs and associated confirmations;
- Provide sharp and clear legal advice on daily transactional LNG commodities business;
- Draft, review and negotiate various agreements related to energy trading (including natural gas) including sales and purchase, transportation agreements and other commercial agreements;
- Provide support and general advice on LNG structuring transactions;
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and provide proactive solutions to facilitate business objectives;
- Analyze any regulatory matters associated with LNG business activities to ensure company’s compliance, including licenses, reporting obligations, and other regulatory requirements.
- Law Degree
- Fluent English language skills (another language such as German, French or an Eastern European language is a plus)
- Proven expertise in negotiation and legal drafting, particularly in the energy market and trading agreements (physical and financial)
- Strong understanding of the gas business and LNG and/or power wholesales trading activities
- At least 4-6 years of relevant experience, acquired at a reputable law firm or in a similar in-house legal role
- Knowledge and experience in Natural Gas trading agreements
- Strong understanding of the energy markets and trading instruments
- Familiarity with various EU commodity exchanges and commodity derivative trading
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to find solutions within the legal framework while considering the business drivers and needs
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your English CV to Dorottya Eros at; email@example.com
We welcome applicants from all across Europe. The successful candidate has the option to be based in Budapest but the company is open to supporting relocation to Switzerland if that is the preferred choice.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.