Our client, a European energy company with a strong, growing international presence is currently looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to join their expanding team in Budapest.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing structured, pragmatic, risk-based legal support to key internal clients of the Group Legal team, including the M&A, Treasury, Finance and Compliance teams and to the respective profit center owners in respect of key transactions in multiple jurisdictions;
- Coordinating and managing internal and external legal resources for key transactions, including diligent oversight of external legal expenditure;
- Preparing, conducting and coordinating negotiations with counterparties;
- Supporting internal teams with due diligence processes;
- Effectively managing relationships with functional and commercial colleagues within the Group, positioning the Group legal function as an approachable and collaborative professional team delivering high quality advice and support;
- Representing Group Legal on internal projects
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- At least 6+ years of experience gained at an international company or preferably an international law firm (experience in energy sector is considered a plus)
- Solid cross border Corporate, M&A & Finance legal experience
- Excellent drafting and reviewing skills (including transaction documents such as: NDAs, term sheets, letters of intent, share and asset purchase agreements, shareholders’ agreements, financing documentation including loan agreements among others, professional adviser engagement letters);
- Some familiarity with compliance issues including sanctions and KYC;
- Thorough understanding of, and ability to lead and coordinate, transactional negotiations from the legal side (whether in the context of M&A, corporate or finance transactions);
- Thorough understanding and experience of navigating and resolving core commercial, structuring and execution risk issues in the M&A context, including consideration structures (e.g. locked box vs. completion accounts), pre-sale reorganizations and dealing with regulatory hurdles;
- Fluent English language skills (another language considered a plus)
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of managing / executing complex legal projects.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please don’t hesitate to reach out and send your CV to Jasmin at; firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.